15 June 2012

Kate's Book Club: Summer Reading Program

So May lead to me only reading 3 books.
THE WHOLE MONTH!
Terrible, right?
I know!!
SO
Since I have all this extra time on my hands
I have decided that I am going to do
Kate's Book Club Summer Reading Program!
When the book titles below are bigger and blue I have read them...


1. One Book Recommended By A Friend.
Paper Towns by John Green
Actually I have to read this one within the next 12 days because I promised
my fellow Awkardnauts that I'd read it before I went on holiday to meet them
them in person since I am the only one of us who hasn't read this book
as well as this is the only John Green book I haven't read!

2. One Book That Has Been Sitting On Your Shelf For Over A Year.
Hereafter by Tara Hudson
I bought this book in hardback about a year ago when Borders was going out of business.
*wipes tear away* I heard about it from the Siren and was very interested and then I
updated my library card so it has been waiting patiently on my shelf ever since!

3. One Book You Read A Long Time Ago And Don't Remember. 
Harry Potter 3-7...
Okay before you light the torches and grab pitchforks, please remember that I
decided to to a re-read in 2012because I hadn't read any of the HP since their original
release date and currently I remember the movies better.

4. One Book From Your To Be Read List.
Jennifer's Body by Diablo Cody
A few people have told me that the book is better than the movie.
I also have never seen the movie but I've always figured, why not? 


5. One Book You've Never Heard Of.
 
Killing Kiss by Sam Stone
I actually own this and it is a personalized signed copy because I met the author at a con.
She was English and lovely and is the partner of a writer of Doctor Who canon episodes.
Naturally I bought it from her.

6. One Classic.
 
 Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
I love that so many classics are available on Kindle for free and I can read
them on my iTouch.I might read this on the beach while on holiday because well my
 other beach bookmay not make it to my house from the Book Depo before I leave!


7. One Book You Started But Never Finished. 
 
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
This is one of the books that probably every high school in America has read.
Except for me.
But I did recently by the latest movie adaptation and I'll be very okay with
reading Jane Eyre with Michael Fassbender in my head as Mr. Rochester.
Very okay.


8. One New Release.
 
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
This book has been on the "can't wait to read" lists of a few book bloggers I follow
and I recently got approved to review it on Netgalley so I am pretty excited!

9. One Book That Is Outside of Your Typical Genre.
 
Music From Beyond The Moon by Augusta Trobaugh 
I read a lot of YA but usually those book break down in to the subcategories of 
dystopian, fantasy and sci-fi.. Music is not any of those and is set in 1920’s Florida.

10. One Chunkster (A Book That Is Over 400 Pages)
The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles, #2)
The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross
 Okay, this one is mildly cheating as it is the book I am reading right now
via Netgalley BUT it is 416 pages even as an ebook!
 

Yes. Yes, this basically goes hand in hand with my challenge to read 101 books this year BUT I figured this would help me focus over the summer so I don't fall farther behind.
For example. right now I am 9 books behind according to Goodreads and I am 3 Harry Potter books behind according to it being June!

C'est la vie!
If you want to also follow Kate as she reads her summer away,


{photo credit for this post}
book jackets via goodreads, gif via tumblr search "mr rochester"

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like amazing books! Thanks for joining in! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO COMMENT!?
Dude, I totally love you back!