20 April 2011

The Hourglass Door [20/50]

Lauren tweeted about this book...
& I read it =]
The Hourglass Door (Hourglass Door Trilogy #1)
Rating: The next book nao please!

*spoiler free*

I read this book in.
After finishing it I feel 3 things:
1- The beginning was a bit slow.
Despite having an awesome prologue.
There was a lot of raving on Twitter about this book.
That didn't help the first few chapters for me...
I loved the teaser pages, but it was hard
to get invested the "present" at first.
2- Time travel. Dude.
I loved it.
I loved how Lisa created this universe.
&& I loved how she presented
the responsibility of living outside of time.
It also doesn't hurt that I am a Doctor Who fan.

3- Dante is not one of my book boyfriends. (yet)
Don't get me wrong. I really liked him.
I rooted for him and rooted for Abby to fall for him.
I just didn't want to steal him from Abby.
Am I growing up!? o.O haha

*spoilars!*
*spoilars!*
*spoilars!*
 aka.*favorite quotes*
  
Any book that nods to both P&P and Clue is automatically good!
p.s. I would love Austen Clue!!! Some one get on that!
.

***
 I just thought that this was so beautiful!
  

Comment Questions:
 Have you read this series? If so, what did you think?
Also feel free to leave any book suggestions in the comments!

 
Chipotle burritos this year: 12
Boba smoothies this year: 11

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO COMMENT!?
Dude, I totally love you back!