25 January 2011

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest

{no I won't only be blogging about books this year}

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest
is available now on DVD...

Which gives me an opportunity to blog about being obsessed
back in 2010 and still be topical... Hooray!

After watching the first two on Instant Netflix
I got to catch The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest
at our awesome indie theater downtown!

This is one of those instances when I think the movie is better than the book!
The book is translated from Swedish and into English and after
trying, trying, trying to read the first one, I just couldn't.

 Where the movies are in Swedish  (aka my favourite foreign language)
and you can be done with the whole story in 7ish hours, as of today!

And even though the movies don't go into quite as much detail as the books
(as movies seldom have the time to do. obviously)
the movie is very well cast.
 girl crush alert!
she's such a bad ass!

Now having swooned  over the Swedish movies for ya,
I am kinda sad that they are re-making an Americanized version.
I just feel that it is a story rooted in Swedish business and politics
and they would need and excellent screen writer to translate it...

Oh well!
As least now I can collect yet another awesome Swedish DVD
and set in on my self next to Let the Right One In.

Man Swedes are cool.


[*DISCLAIMER*]
I have not been paid to write this.
I just support the franchise as a fan.
=]

Chipotle burritos this year: 5
Boba smoothies this year: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO COMMENT!?
Dude, I totally love you back!